* Great news: Supreme Court will hear appeals to review legal status of prisoners being held at Guantanamo Bay.
* WTO rules US steel tariffs illegal.
* Amnesty International says activists are at increased risk, recently. (Courtesy Iceman.)
* Dear Mr. Cheney: no one's buying it.
* Howard Kurtz on the 'shredding' of the campaign finance laws.
* Confusion over a killing in Iraq.
* Paul Krugman: 'A government of, by and for the economic elite isn't overcoming its lack of empathy with the men and women who make up our armed forces.'
* More reasons our political system sucks.