* Mass shootings are on the rise, and armed civilians aren't having any impact, despite higher gun sales.
* A state-by-state guide to 'ag-gag laws.'
* No, the president's budget proposal isn't perfect, but it's at least realistic.
* Explaining the Chamber of Commerce scandal.
* Charles Blow explains to Senator Paul how Republicans lost the black vote. (Hint: it wasn't overnight.)
* "Thunderstorms contain 'dark lightning,' invisible pulses of powerful radiation."
* The world behind the code-switch.