* To no one's surprise, the NYPD doesn't like surveillance when it's on the receiving end.
* "California isn't a state in which liberals have run wild; it’s a state where a liberal majority has been effectively hamstrung by a fanatical conservative minority that, thanks to supermajority rules, has been able to block effective policy-making."
* By the numbers: foreign gun makers and the NRA.
* Jon Huntsman on seeing our internal politics as a national security concern.
* Republicans need to stop trying to create memes.
* Follow-up: no, the new Minutemen were nothing but a (scary) media sensation.
* Alan Calhamer, who invented the game Diplomacy, passed away.