* Yes, cutting government spending is hurting the economy.
* Harold Meyerson on austerity and the sequester.
* Former inmates speak out against Chinese labor camps.
* Good read: a focus on ideological purity is hampering the Republican party. And they are failed by their news sources.
* Refineries are to blame for recent high gas prices.
* Follow-up: federal weapons case against Blackwater ends with probation.
* As noted elsewhere: ten things to remember about the Oscars.
* Chris Sims on why he doesn't like Cyclops as a character.