* Good read: the demographic perils of an aging China.
* Speaking of which, our own aging population is a big cause of our rise in government spending.
* America has more violent deaths than any other wealthy nation.
* Gallery: Haiti, three years after the earthquake.
* What should Republicans expect from Obama's second term?
* More on the Republican foreign policy problem.
* No, The US isn't on the road to being a banana republic.
* Least surprising news of the day: the tea party paid Limbaugh and Beck to talk them up on their programs.