* Top read: "The financial elite's war against the US economy."
* The conservative argument for environmental conservation.
* "We — and by we I mean Congress, and by Congress I mean the Republicans in Congress — have again demonstrated just how broken and paralyzed our government has become, how beholden to hostage-takers, how vulnerable to extremism."
* Good read: on the place of the religious right and the Republican party. Oh, and the 80's.
* Follow-up: inside the Fukushima exclusion zone.
* Ten states face lawsuits over education funding.
* By the numbers: comparing spending on both sides of the gun control debate.