* States with anti-union 'right to work' laws experience less economic growth and lower wages for workers.
* Rough read: on rape in American prisons.
* Israeli army accused of assaulting journalists, but it's OK because they thought they were assaulting peaceful protesters?
* Andrew Sullivan calls out Republican nihilism.
* Passing the buck: state budgets face cuts in federal aid as health care costs rise.
* Examining what media coverage of the death of Jenni Rivera says about our country.
* On writing, Los Angeles, and the impact of noir.