* Great read on the defection as a symptom of a larger problem
* Excellent analysis by Jay Newton-Small
* On the other hand, with weakened Republican opposition, Democrats will really have to take ownership of the big problematic issues - and take responsibility
for any failures.
* "Leaving the GOP with one less moderate voice is not good news
for the nation."
* Olympia Snowe
, on how it didn't have to be like this.
on moving the goal posts
* Interesting. Ed Rendell talks about Specter's other ideas
* "Now, the Northeast, I wear my hat backwards, you know, because that's how we roll
in the Northeast."