"This is the legacy that we inherit
— a legacy of mismanagement and misplaced priorities, of missed opportunities and of deep, structural problems ignored for too long. It’s a legacy of irresponsibility, and it is our duty to change it."
* The war on drugs
failed, and we need to move on.
* Good news: Obama is set to reverse the 'conscience clause'
for health care workers. And he's lifting the de facto ban on media pictures of military funerals
* Helping the Palestinians
rebuild their security force.
* Phil Plait on the latest lies by the antivaccine
movement. (Bonus comedy by Cracked.
* Changing of the guard: James Dobson
set to retire from Focus on the Family. Amy Sullivan has an insightful commentary here
* Michelle Obama's official portrait
kind of rocks.
* "Octomom is crazy. People like crazy.
Crazy is more interesting than boring. It's that simple."