* Dan Froomkin's less-than-glowing review of Obama's first press conference
* On the other hand, how about a town hall
meeting without a pre-screened audience?
* What financial journalists
can learn from the meltdown.
* On his way out the door, Bush gave lots of juicy assignments
to cronies and Republican donors.
* The Army suspends the biodefense laboratory
at Fort Detrick.
* Keen! Visualizing the tree of life
* And yes, times are tough, but I still think new Mars rovers
are worth it.
* I don't know if anyone but me is interested in the magazine wholesalers
news, but I will keep posting it.
* Neat read: the AV Club talks with Illeana Douglas
* Photogalley: ten style icons
for Black History month.