"Bush's problem in this second term is that rigidity will limit his ability to govern effectively. Refusing to give ground on little things will eventually erode his power to sustain the big thing."
LATE NIGHT NEWS:
* George Will on the Supreme Court's property seizure ruling
* Analysis: Secretary Rice's summer vacation
* UN cites torture reports
* Oh, snap: "The United States' image is so tattered overseas two years after the Iraq invasion that China, which is ruled by a communist dictatorship, is viewed more favorably
than the U.S. in many countries."
* Essay: defining justice
in a small town in Mississippi.
* House restores $100 million to public broadcasting
, but read the fine print.
* Calls for Rove's apology
. I vote resignation.
* Tonight's sadly not literal headline: Waste mountain 'must be tackled'
* Hee. Howard Kurtz on the Hollywood hype machine
. And guess who he means. Eugene Robinson wonders about the celebrity bubble