* "All 50 states impose higher tax rates on low-income households than their richest 1 percent, when state and local taxes are taken into account."
* Wall Street wins another battle in the war against financial reform.
* "The graph that should accompany every article about millennials and economics."
* Debunking fears of Islam in America.
* How Obama reformed education by going around Congress.
* The combination of silence and rumors in China point to an unstable situation.
* Good read: Ta-Nehisi Coates on equality and the welfare state.
* Ugh. Crime lab scandal threatens tens of thousands of convictions in Massachusetts.
* Magnificent picture of Barnard 59, deep within the Pipe Nebula.