* By the numbers: the bad news in Europe's economy.
* Follow-up: no, there will be no justice over Bush-era torture.
* As noted previously, returning to the gold standard is a terrible idea.
* "The conservative psyche: how ordinary people come to embrace Paul Ryan's cruelty." Meanwhile, William Saletan has given up on Ryan as a true conservative.
* On Republicans and regulation.
* Do charter schools work?
* Eight super-adaptable lifeforms that rule the planet.
* Twenty fall movies to see this Oscar season.