* Don't mistake it for anything else: Republicans get the culture war they've wanted for years.
* "In many ways, we're back in the Gilded Age. We have robber barons buying the government."
* In defense of Biden as the perfect vice-president.
* Welcome to America: megafires are 'the new normal.'
* Wow. Amateurs tear into the archive of unseen images from the Hubble.
* How to tell from the pilot episode if a TV show is any good. (I don't agree with parts of this, but still worth a read.)
* Speaking of the new season, here's 32 paragraphs about 32 football teams.