* Trying to make ends meet in one of America's poorest counties. (Great read.)
* What Kenneth Cole teaches us about anti-union propaganda.
* Good read: how we nee to rethink the debate on the death penalty.
* What if the fallout from the Euro crisis was a more united Europe?
* "Why don't Democrats just say it? They really believe in active government and think it does good and valuable things."
* What next for the anti-Putin protests in Russia?
* Jonathan Bernstein notes that rejectionism is popular, but there's no reason to think it's successful.
* "How do our brains recognize that music is supposed to be scary?"