* "What happened to Mao Zedong's communist revolution which was supposed to improve the lot of the rural poor?"
* Good read: talking with the late oral historian Studs Terkel.
* Forty years later, Woodward and Bernstein note Watergate was worse than they thought.
* Right about those voting machines...
* Gallery: Greece at the edge of economic collapse.
* Follow-up: no, neutrinos can't go faster than the speed of light.
* Descending into 'the morgue,' the archives for the New York Times. (Courtesy asimplelife.)
* A flowchart of the connections in Stephen King's novels.