* 'Yes Virginia, the middle class is getting screwed.'
* Good read: a long-time conservative breaks with the right, and offers a powerful indictment of the state of the party.
* Republicans in Ohio come up with a new and inventive way to get rid of votes on Election Day.
* Asking what about Romney's business experience would make him a good president.
* Five questions about China's military.
* No, there's no upswing in race-based violence.
* Eight years into its Mars mission, the rover Opportunity takes a self-portrait in shadow.
* Scientists say countries should focus on food security as a goal.
* Gallery: the Games of Thrones cast, out of character.