* Politicians always point to enemies overseas, but the real problems aren't foreign nations.
* 'Gitmo at sea': "This is basically where civil liberties are in the Obama era."
* "We owe our existence to massive cataclysmic events, random accidents that played a large role in determining the pace of evolution."
* Comparing what minimum wage could buy in the past and what it can buy now.
* Good read: conservatives have a long history of opposing personal liberties.
* The Republican operative taking on the Mormon Church's crusade against gay marriage.
* Ten scientific concepts that would make for amusing supervillains.
* "The godfather of go-go," DC's own Chuck Brown passed away.