* Harold Meyerson on the wages of austerity.
* Think again: Ian Bremmer with five myths about America's decline.
* What Grenell's resignation says about Romney.
* The clash between the Vatican and the American nuns was decades in the making.
* What we have learned about the current state of al Qaeda.
* Author David Brin on bringing optimism back to science fiction.
* "Teaching tolerance may not have been Jepsen's intention with 'Call Me Maybe,' but she's given these kids a forum to learn it together."
* Big win: 'Listing the Roman emperors in order of how hardcore their deaths were.'