* Stars & Stripes poll of the troops finds major problems. (survey data.)
* The general in charge of tracking down Bin Laden and Hussein openly talks of the war in religious terms. "We in the army of God, in the house of God, kingdom of God have been raised for such a time as this."
* DeLay increasingly involving himself in foreign affairs.
* US Roman Catholics like the Pope, but not everything he has to say. (poll data.)
* Trying the Lackawanna Six shows the ambiguity of the fight against terrorism.
* Bush's push to privatize duties previously reserved for the military is resulting in more civilian deaths. (Also, this DynCorp talk is great for conspiracy theorists.)
[Note: two of today's articles are from the LATimes, and they are password protected, so thank someone else for registering cpunks/cpunks.]