* Good read: inside the buying and selling of American government.
* How the noble idea of homeland security turned into government and employers spying on citizens, and citizens spying on each other.
* No signs of hope for peace in the Middle East. On the other hand, here's five reasons things are looking up for America over there.
* "The idea that a corporation's sole duty is to stockholders is a dangerous fad."
* "I am Trayvon Martin. I am Shaima Alawadi, too."
* Younger Americans seem less focused on buying cars.
* Does this prison food violate the 8th Amendment?
* A lot of what we think as Mexican cuisine isn't, you know, Mexican.