* How did a superpower like China become so isolated?
* Good read: why conservatives have a problem with cities.
* Chris Cillizza asks, what does Paul Ryan want? Kevin Drum notes, as a budget, it isn't very serious. Jonathan Bernstein covers the sketchiness. Plus bonus Milbank.
* Explaining why companies should invest more in their employees.
* Heh. Ben Bernanke takes down the gold standard.
* On being a black male feminist.
* I for one would like to welcome our new hydrogen-powered robot jellyfish overlords.
* The ten coolest sidekicks in science fiction and fantasy.