* "The breathtaking premise of Ernest Drucker's new book is that mass incarceration is an epidemic ravaging the country - not a solution to a problem, but a problem in itself."
* Robert Reich on private and public morality. (Courtesy marag.)
* As seen elsewhere: ten reasons the rest of the world things we're nuts.
* Examining Obama's tactical approach to governing.
* When governments turn to assassination.
* The middle class is on the rise in Mexico.
* Interesting read: piracy as advertising. With bonus Gaiman.
* Tattoo images that make me jealous: 1,196 words. (Note: NSFW pics.)