And in 1066, William the Conqueror led the Normans to defeat the English at the Battle of Hastings.
Popular Science presents the worst jobs in science.
Must read: Bush aims to change American perceptions of the war by targeting regional news organizations. Also included, the identical 'personal' letters sent to newspapers from a single unit in Iraq.
* Bush's rallying for support polarizes commentary overseas.
* Supreme Court takes on the Pledge of Allegiance, revisits online porn law, and clears the way for states to rule on medicinal marijuana.
* Paul Krugman analyzes our economic numbers, with a scary result.
* Unofficial peace draft underway in Israel and Palestine.
* Howard Kurtz, on why celebrities feel they are above the law, and how Jimmy Buffett helped end the Graham candidacy.
* Space station crew finally being relieved.