* Good read: on the ground in a world of hunger and famine.
* Brilliant: visualizing how lobbyists run Washington.
* Counting the differences in the Roberts court.
* The investigators who do opposition research on political candidates - including the ones that hire them.
* Ugh. The sorry state of school textbooks.
* 'Kill the mesenger': tyrants target journalists overseas.
* Examining how habits form, and how to break them more easily.
* A violin with strings made of spider silk.
* Six things rich people need to stop saying.