* Good read: as the wars wind down, examining the country's actual security needs.
* Dan Froomkin: "How the bank lobby owns Washington."
* The right wing targets mass transit.
* Another good read: austerity, Athens, and the future.
* "Welcome to the Democrats’ world, Republicans. Welcome to your own class war."
* Jon Stewart wins again, speaking out against the religious right's persecution complex.
* Celebrating seventy years of the Ad Council.
* What The Muppets says about the current state of family cinema.