* "There has — literally — never been a year in which the American intelligence community has believed that we're making serious progress in Afghanistan. And every year, the military has disagreed."
* So, uh, does austerity actually work?
* "There is a growing gulf between the Supreme Court justices and the rank-and-file federal judges who decide the merits of tens of thousands of cases each year."
* Israel upholds its strict citizenship laws.
* The modern world of today's factory worker.
* David Weigel is having a primaries flashback.
* Haiti marks the second anniversary of the killer earthquake that crippled the nation.
* Astronomers parse out what color the Milky Way is for the external observer.