* "The underappreciated film gems of 2011."
* "Die-hard fans are still rushing to see a film in its opening weekend, but more casual audiences are becoming increasingly difficult to lure to the multiplex."
* Bob Mondello picks his top ten plus ten.
* Linda Holmes explains how no standout favorites means it was a good year for movies.
* The twenty-five best movie posters of the year.
* Good read: why Super 8 is the best comic book movie of 2011, despite not being based on a comic book. (Spoilers. Good article, but go watch the movie first.)
* Seventeen movies to look forward to in the new year.