* Even the Wall Street Journal is calling Republicans out for fumbling the payroll tax issue.
* Chinese village of Wukan ends its anti-government protest peacefully.
* "Mexico City will close one of the world's largest garbage dumps by Dec. 31 and will instead turn the garbage from millions of people into reusable materials and energy."
* "Lie by lie: a timeline of how we got into Iraq.
* Envisioning a Gingrich presidency. Alternately, what if he never intended to become the nominee?
* Follow-up: Americans Elect working to be the third party.
* Scientists working hard to engineer crops that are more resistant to droughts.
* Comics Alliance interviews Marvel Comics on the lack of women in comic books, both as characters and behind the scenes.