* Yop read: "It's entirely possible that we could wake in 2013 only to realize that we have made no durable progress on any of our pressing national problems over the course of the Bush and Obama presidencies, and have, in fact, made some problems worse. That would mean a loss of 12 years during which we could have been moving forward as a country."
* The Arab League approves sanctions against Syria, which is actually news.
* Cyberpunk now: ready for police drones in your neighborhood?
* Can we save unions by weakening them?
* Great read: how to fix the charitable tax deduction.
* The Fact-Checker takes on anti-tax guru Grover Norquist.
* UN report on the world's land resources isn't a happy picture.
* Mexico City breaks zombie walk record.
* Director Ken Russell passed away.