* Great read: Matt Taibbi on the UC Davis pepper spray incident and speaking truth to power.
* "What is ignoring global warming going to cost us?"
* Efforts to fight diseases worldwide hampered by a lack of funding.
* Dana Milbank on Senator Kyl killing the supercommittee.
* "The notion that ideologically pure conservative candidates can win by disregarding centrists and magically producing previously undiscovered legions of true-believer voters remains a fantasy."
* Republicans embrace the 'blame the victim' strategy.
* Five myths about Newt Gingrich.
* Nice! Color photographs from World War One.