* The president responds to Occupy protesters. Also, Katrina vanden Heuvel on why the protests will persevere.
* And yes, it turns out that Homeland Security was used to remove the protesters in many cities. So, uh, good work everyone.
* Joel Achenbach on what gets cut now that the supercommittee solution failed. Also, Ezra Klein with the details on why it failed.
* Neat. Mapping drug addiction in Baltimore.
* Nate Silver on which economic indicators best predict election results.
* Kevin Drum on Republican gaffes.
* Good read: why we should eliminate canned food drives.
* Thirty-six Lego Pokemon.