* "America is in the midst of physical decline. Decades of infrastructure neglect are eroding centuries of economic progress."
* Eugene Robinson on why that CBO study on income inequality is getting all the buzz. (Direct link to the numbers here.)
* As predicted, costs for Medicaid are being shifted to the states, and are rising quickly.
* A 'perfect storm' of flood conditions swamps Bangkok.
* "As the European debt crisis has deepened, it has highlighted this early 21st century shift: the United States is becoming more of a Pacific Rim country and less of a North Atlantic partner."
* David Rothkopf on the need for a unified national energy policy.
* On the Occupy movement and the 'American Dream.'
* "Anonymous: a witless movie from the stupid Shakespearean birther cult."