* "Two American scholars Monday won the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences for their separate research examining the cause-and-effect relationships between economic policies, such as tax cuts and interest rate hikes, and the broader economy."
* Andrew Cohen with a great example of why we should have suspected terrorists face trials: to make them less scary.
* "Republicans, though correct that environmental regulations cost money, are oblivious to the public health consequences of pollution and the economic costs of inaction."
* As seen elsewhere: a crib sheet on string theory.
* I heard it on NPR: on the relationship between hip-hop and marketing.
* Tracing the roots of modern horror back to the 70's.