* "The aftermath of the 9/11 attacks took photojournalist Kate Brooks to Afghanistan and Pakistan to cover the fall of the Taliban. These are her images of the Afghans whom she met during her journey and the slow-motion descent into civil war that has played out over the past decade. "
* The gamble in Obama's jobs plan.
* "Why the government massively overestimates the risks of terrorism."
* The Republican candidates are pretty anti-science. Bonus: in their own words. Seriously.
* Nice! New pics of the Apollo 12 landing site.
* NASA needs new astronauts.
* Using a supercomputer to read the news and predict future events?
* On Hollywood and the fallout of 9/11.