* "In this month's market upheavals in the United States and Europe, we are witnessing the end of a seven-decade economic experiment. But does anyone have any clue what comes next?"
* On military spending in the decline of the American empire.
* How the bills passed by the House show the country the Tea Party would like to have.
* The EU plans to charge airlines over emissions.
* The case for internet anonymity.
* Follow-up: Jonathan Bernstein on press bias and coverage of candidates. Bonus bit on Ron Paul here.
* Whew: Burger King to drop the King.
* Big win: the cast of the most recent season of Doctor Who reading celebrity tweets in American accents.