* Ten ways the world can get even worse in the next two years.
* History repeats itself in the Syrian city of Hama.
* Justice Department investigates police brutality nationwide.
* Israel expands settlements in East Jerusalem yet again.
* Colbert's SuperPAC releases its first endorsement.
* It was the writers and artist who foresaw tensions on the rise in Britain, not the politicians. Also, the Explainer talks about why baseball bats are the weapon of choice.
* Jonathan Bernstein explains why Republican candidates cannot ignore Iowa.
* 'Philip Levine named new American poet laureate.'
* Eureka RIP: how SyFy can break the cycle of cancelling its top shows.