* Good read: why we need more government spending to end the global recession.
* David Frum on why companies are not hiring new employees
* Gallery: aftermath of the UK riots.
* Also, what else could the police do to stop the riots?
* "How Washington's politicians downgraded America."
* A beheading in Saudi Arabia leads to a backlash in Indonesia.
* "Of an already small pool of millionaires and billionaires, 1,470 didn't pay any federal income taxes in 2009."
* Follow-up: a turn away from No Child Left Behind.
* "Anders Behring Breivik, Norway's mass murderer, was a fan of my writing. Here's what I found within his perverse 1,518-page manuscript.