-Howard Chaykin, on American Flagg
Yo gamers: discussion of railroading on Troia's LJ. (Since we were discussing this last week...)
Full text of the Democratic debate. And here's Troia's rundown/discussion.
* More twists and turns with the Do Not Call list. "Perhaps we should call this bill the 'This Time We Really Mean It Act' to cure any misunderstanding in the judicial branch." -Rep. Tauzin.
* HAW HAW! Cheney's ties to Halliburton count as a financial interest.
* Wait, we issue a deadline for Iraqis to write a constitution? Or what? We threaten to re-invade them?
* Information Awareness Office shut down in disgrace.
* Census definition of poverty woefully out of step with reality.
* Awesome. Guards at the Tomb of the Unknowns stayed at their posts during the hurricane.
* Power issues bely deeper problem in rebuilding Iraq.
* Cooking the books to defeat "No Child Left Behind" rules
* The US is only the tip of the iceberg in the worldwide piracy game.
* Extraordinary archaeological finds in Norway.