* Good read: long-term observer notes that, yes, today's Congress is pretty dysfunctional.
* The News of the World/phone hacking scandal in the UK grows into a major story. The Telegraph provides a good timeline. Here's a visualization of some of the key relationships, and the BBC lists the major players.
* Why a balanced budget amendment is a bad idea.
* Another good read: a journalist finds himself in a political conspiracy theory.
* DNA proves that, yes, a whole lot of us are part Neanderthal.
* Puzzling over the post-shuttle future of NASA.
* 'Why Borders failed while Barnes & Noble survived.'
* Universal decides against it's sprawling TV/movie adaptation of Stephen King's The Dark Tower.