* Top read: Matt Taibbi on 'greed, excess and America's gaping class divide.' Bonus: the original article is like whoah.
* Kevin Drum thinks this fight will backfire on Republicans.
* Ben Adler asks if the Republican presidential candidates are being cynical or delusional about the debt ceiling?
* But we can all agree that we should close tax loopholes for offshore corporate tax havens, right?
* "Why 'Caylee's Law' is a bad idea."
* The CIA is operating secret sites in Somalia.
* Economic growth shoots up in Latin America and the Caribbean.
* Insidious: the conservative organization that is quietly targeting the EPA through legislation across the country.
* 2011 primetime Emmy nominations released. Complete list here. (Idris Elba has a posse.)