* Gay rights are human rights. Period.
* Top read: "With Tea Party conservatives and many Republicans balking at raising the debt ceiling, let me offer them an example of a nation that lives up to their ideals."
* Will China's future follow the example of Zheng He?
* Yes, a Republican can still win in 2012.
* Playwright David Mamet turns out to be pretty anti-liberal.
* Broadway is back.
* What is and isn't in the Bible.
* Gallery: remembering D-Day, 67 years later.
* Critics' Choice TV award nominations announced, and they are a lot closer to what I watch than the Emmys. Just sayin'.