* Joel Achenbach on our century of disasters.
* Teargassing teachers: violent repression plagues Honduras.
* Reading between the lines of Obama's Middle East speech.
* Say what you will about McCain's politics, but yes, he does know something about torture.
* In the debate over financing Planned Parenthood, maybe someone should remember that unintended pregnancies are costly also.
* American plutocracy: questioning the legality of the new Republican super-PAC.
* Female and minority writers still face an uphill climb in Hollywood.
* Matt Wagner on bringing Zorro back to his pulp roots.