* "Republicans in Congress have proposed slashing millions in federal funding for immunization programs."
* The disasters in Japan remind us of the shortcoming of plans to move massive numbers of people in an emergency.
* 'Two US states move to outlaw unauthorized photos of farming operations.'
* Four journalists describe their captivity in Libya. (Warning: somewhat graphic.)
* On the ground in a land out of time, Afghanistan.
* Listening for sounds of life in deep space.
* Why won't boys read?: how to bridge the gender gap in children's literature.
* How to pick your NCAA tourney brackets: who is playing closer to home.
* Utah names it state firearm.