* Bush wants to expand government access to private data - without approval of a judge - to demand private records and compel testimony. Oh, and expand the death penalty.
* But while we're at it, let's update the citizenship oath.
* SBC only company refusing to name names in file-sharing cases.
* Red Cross relief fund runs out of money.
* Good read: Thomas Friedman on the Arab-Israeli law of unintended consequences.
* Maureen Dowd also goes over how bad things have gotten.
* "No Child Left Behind" goal 'out of touch with reality.'
* Women's soccer league folds.
* New book on rethinking the Bounty.