* "Somalia marks a terrible milestone this year: two decades of civil war."
* Thomas Friedman on the other factors behind the revolutions in the Middle East.
* The hidden fallout of Guantanamo.
* David Brooks talks how we should guide future budget cuts and austerity measures.
* Nate Silver on how important unions are to the Democrats, anyways.
* Interesting: using prison labor to fill budget gaps.
* Texas's new anti-immigration bill has an amusingly large exception.
* How a sabretooth used those big teeth.
* In defense of dark matter.
* Catherine Zeta Jones awarded a title by Prince Charles.