* Why it matters that our troops are withdrawing from the Pech Valley.
* We're killing a lot more militants with drone strikes, but how effective are they?
* Five pressing questions on the oil and energy markets.
* As always, the real scandal might be the cover-up.
* Are Republicans waging a 'national campaign against labor'?
* "Gold, guns and anti-gay: State legislatures have become havens for the battiest Tea Party ideas ever."
* Five myths about liberal academia.
* Building 'earthships' in Haiti.
* Frank Buckles, the last American WWI vet, passed away.