* Wow. Republicans, possibly annoyed by having to keep talking about all those pesky facts about climate change, want to simply stop NASA from researching the science at all.
* "Daphnea pulex, a 1-millimeter insect that lives in freshwater ponds around the world, has nearly 31,000 genes in its genetic blueprint – more than humans or any other creature decoded to date."
* Scientists concerned about a decline in predator fish across the oceans.
* "Here, where the Catatumbo River empties into South America's largest lake, an 'everlasting lightning storm' rages continuously for up to 10 hours a night, in exactly the same place, 260 nights a year."
* A next generation of hybrid airships hopes to revive the zeppelin dreams of yesteryear.