* In case you forgot, Afghanistan still isn't going well.
* Credit where it's due: some House Republicans move to block renewing the Patriot Act.
* Kevin Drum sees some hints of bad news for the Chinese economy. Also, has Saudi Arabia maxed out its oil production?
* On the unsurprising politics of the Supreme Court.
* New tool for figuring out how segregated your community is.
* Yes, tattoos are now mainstream.
* Why the new nutrition guidelines can't just come out and say 'hey, eat less red meat.'
* Love it. Fresh Air talks with famed stuntman Hal Needham.
* Redwall author Brian Jacques passed away.