* Good read: Dylan Ratigan on the free market fraud. (Courtesy asimplelife.)
* "WikiLeaks and Glenn Beck show that journalism is becoming more influential—but also more reductive."
* Two tales of courage: a doctor stands firm in Somalia, and Egyptian Muslims show up to defend a Christian church.
* Is there hope for Haiti? Admittedly, things look grim.
* Why it matters what was left out of the Congress reading of the Constitution.
* Four points on the Republicans' first week in power.
* Will Republicans continue to fight for DADT?
* Five myths about why the South seceded.
* Fact check: mass wildlife deaths happen all the time.